"What Are We Learning About Today, Bob?"

INFJ - A Rare Breed

I am home sick today. I can't sleep because I keep coughing and I am trying NOT to watch t.v. I should really be studying. Instead, as I surf the internets, I am reminded of this wonderful fact of how I am created.

I am an INFJ. I am rare.

An INFJ is a personality type which you can read about here. Only 1% of the US population is made up of INFJ's. I've taken several of these types of tests over the years and of the four categories, only the I (introvert) part is close enough to it's counterpart E (extrovert) to cross the line. So at one point I leaned toward an ENFJ (still rare at 4%).

I realized, after some research, I really am introverted. I just learned some extroverted behaviors, mostly because I found that sometimes you will get more out of your life experiences by stepping out of your comfort zones. I often wonder what this means for me today as I am more comfortable with my introverted side and don't worry so much about keeping up with those wild extroverts any more. :)

So, I share this distinction with this guy:



These two ladies:


(Carrie, not Leia)


And this guy:

(Luke, not Mark)

Also, this gives me some direction in career choices. Nice to know I am already heading in a direction that is a good fit. 

Do you know your personality type? I'd love to hear about it in a comment.




1 comment:

  1. Amy,

    I am ENFJ, solidly "E" (shocking, I know)! I firmly believe this kind of info can truly inform choices we make regarding work/school.
    Keep on keepin on, my lovely cousin. You are kindred...

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Official PayPal Seal