"What Are We Learning About Today, Bob?"

Mom's 65th Birthday

This weekend we celebrated my mom's 65th with a few surprises! She thought she and Sharon were going to meet me for a movie after I got off work at 3. Surprise #1 - Sharon had a few friends meet up at Kendall-Jackson for the wine and food pairing they have there. Mom was sure surprised! She even stole some of Sharon's home made caramel corn. It was her birthday after all!

Then they came home and waited for me. I got a call from mom about 6:15 asking what I was doing. I said, "Oh, I was just out doing some errands after work - you know shopping and stuff." She asked if I wanted to meet up at El Azteca for dinner. I told her I could meet there about 7 p.m. She checked with Sharon, who I heard in the background saying "Why doesn't she meet us around 7?" Good one.

Little did she know that at that very moment, I was at my brother's girlfriend's house getting the surprise dinner ready! Everything came together and the Lady of Honor showed up at 7 p.m. to Surprise #2! We had all her favorite appetizers and beer, grilled sausage sandwiches, fresh fruit and ice cream cake for dessert. She was amazed that it was all her favorites, including black licorice and her own box of Good-N-Plenty. I said "Mom, of course it's all your favorites. It's your day!"

So, happy birthday mom! I hope you had fun on your day of surprises! I love you!

Here are pics from the evening:

J & B

 C & K


Mom Arrives

Surprise!








B's Mom and Sharon Warm Up


Birthday Girl


The Bros


Um... Those bros are silly...


Mom's Faves


Had to have the shrimp and G&P's


Me and Mom





Time For Presents





Sibs - where's K?   :(


Mom and Sharon








Well, hello... 


C, K, Me, L, B and Mom


Mom's haul for the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Official PayPal Seal